Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:45:47 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: What do people think about not installing a stripped /kernel ?]

--DrWhICOqskFTAXiy

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 07:13:35PM +0200, Max Laier wrote:
> Why is this discussion ongoing? The consensus seems pretty clear: "Implem=
ent=20
> it, but have a make.conf option to turn it off." If there is concern with=
=20
> this make if default to off and have an option to turn it on.
>=20
Implementing this is very easy, since it's already implemented,
just not by default.

What everyone seem to have forgotten is that we also have modules,
and in the "config -g" case, we also build debug versions of the
modules.  And if we're also going to install modules with debug
symbols, I think this puts the requirement for the root file
system way beyond the rational limits.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov