Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:48:03 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Branko_F._Gra=E8nar?= <bfg@noviforum.si>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ufs2 snapshots in 5.1 still broken

Hi.

I upgraded my home server to 5.1-release today with hope, that ufs2 =
filesystem snapshot issues will be fixed and working....

... but they are not. this is a serious issue, becouse background fsck =
is on by default, which reflects in creating filesystem snapshot on =
mounting not cleanly umounted device.

set background_fsck to "NO" in your rc.conf.

i've sent problem report in the early days of 5.0-Release, but nothing =
changed.

This only accours if there is alot (several 100 thousand) of small files =
on a filesystem.

During snapshot creation all userland I/O hangs until snapshot is made. =
Machine doesn't respond even on ping!. After snapshot is created, =
everything works okay. If you want to remove that snapshot file the same =
scenario is repeated.
Ideas, suggestions?

Brane