Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:11:44 -0500
From:      Ryan Coleman <editor@d3photography.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Zip file making issues

Does anyone have any advice for this?

I'm working on a series of commands - executed in a shell script - that =
zips a deep directory in a tree. But it makes the full path as part of =
the ZIP file. That's not what I want - I just want those directories =
that appear after the "*".  In this case:

"-J" eliminates all the paths - bad because it also kills those after =
the "*"

Here's my default that includes the whole d*mn path.
/usr/local/bin/zip -r =
/usr/www/d3photography.com/htdocs/images/paidphotos/1284343047-Le-ach.zip =
/mount/archive/orders/Sep20/1284343047-Le-ach/download*

I could just run a "cd" to the directory parent and do it there - that =
would solve the problem - but that's simply too dangerous if the script =
generator throws an error on the next set of commands (a risk I do not =
want to take).

So how do I get it to store as "download/small/image.jpg" inside of the =
ZIP file instead of =
"mount/archive/orders/Sep20/1284343047-Le-ach/download/small/image.jpg".

I only recently discovered this bug -- none of my clients have had the =
guts to tell me about it.

TIA,

Ryan=20=