Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Ibell <marki@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SSH in 4.1 RELEASE for NonUS users

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Mark Ibell wrote:

> The only problem with that is that the package is apparently not available -
> I've checked both ftp.freebsd.org & ftp.internat.freebsd.org. Also, the port
> complains about OpenSSL or something not being installed, which it won't be
> if you don't install CRYPTO as per the export warning. Is the librsaintl
> port by any chance intended for use with distributions downloaded from
> ftp.internat.freebsd.org?

You have to install it over the top of the crypto dist - i.e. install
crypto from sysinstall, which will give you everything else plus a
half-neutered RSA implementation suitable for non-commercial US use. Then
install the package which adds a real RSA implementation that can't be
used in the US, and which will be used in preference to the other.

I have no idea where the package lives, either..I never could find out
from the internat boys where they installed it :-)

Kris