Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:38:37 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        gmarco@giovannelli.it, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Subject:   Re: fxtv and audio ... (Avermedia)

Gianmarco Giovannelli:
 |I have bought an unknown brand (AVerMedia TVCapture) bt848 board :
 |DETECTED CAPTURE CARD(S) [DRIVER PROBES]:
 |    bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x12 int a irq 15 on pci0.11.0
 |    IMS TV Turbo, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.
 |TUNER SIGNATURE (0x01 - 0xff):
 |    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
 |A friend of mine told me there is the possibility to force the PAL mode
 |I am succeding in seeing video with fxtv using the following setting :
 |
 |device          bktr0
 |options         OVERRIDE_TUNER=2
 |options         OVERRIDE_CARD=5
 |options         BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_PAL
 |
 |But I am not able to hear audio...

Hmm.  This looks dangerously like something Soren found out with his
Avermedia back in April.  Try changing this line in brooktree848.c:

        { "IMS TV Turbo",               /* the 'name' */
           NULL,                                /* the tuner */
           0,                                   /* dbx is optional */
           0,
           PFC8582_WADDR,                       /* EEProm type */
           (u_char)(256 / EEPROMBLOCKSIZE),     /* 256 bytes */
-           { 0x01, 0x02, 0x01, 0x00, 1 } }      /* audio MUX values */
+           { 0x0c, 0x00, 0x0b, 0x0b, 1 } },     /* audio MUX values */

If no luck, in Fxtv's input menu, try changing from "Audio Auto" to "Audio
Internal".

Randall

Sren Schmidt:
 |I can get video through, but havn't had any luck with the sound
 |yet. I can hear vague "clicks" when I adjust the volume, but no
 |sound. I tried the BKTR_REVERSEMUTE but to no avail...
 |The tuner is a Philips FM1216/PH model, and I use the FR1216 driver.
 |Well, I digged around in the driver (its somewhat messy isn't it :) )
 |and this makes the KISS board work:
 |
 |        /* CARD_KISS */
 |        { "KISS TV/FM PCI",                     /* the 'name' */
 |           NULL,                                /* the tuner */
 |           0,                                   /* dbx is optional */
 |           0,
 |           0,                                   /* EEProm type */
 |           0,                                   /* EEProm size */
 |           { 0x0c, 0x00, 0x0b, 0x0b, 1 } },     /* audio MUX values */
 |> How have you compiled the bt848 driver?
 |
 |with OVERRIDE_CARD = CARD_KISS VERRIDE_TUNER = FR1216
 |(or close to that, cant remember the exact names)

Sren Schmidt: