Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:38:36 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade + ruby-uri dependency ?

Hi,
after a cvsup of my ports hierarchy I just did a

pkg_add -r portupgrade

Everything went fine, the depending packages ruby-* were automatically
fetched and installed. Afterwards a portsdb -Uu gave no errors.
But
#pkgdb -F
[snip]
Checking the origin of ruby-1.6.6
Checking the origin of ruby-fnmatch-1.1b_1
Checking the origin of ruby-optparse-0.8.6
Checking the origin of ruby-uri-0.9,1
Stale origin: 'net/ruby-uri'
Guessing... no idea.
New origin? (? to help):
Skip this? [yes]

All those ruby-packages were installed as dependency of portupgrade, but
indeed there is neither ruby-uri in ports/net nor anywhere else in
ports/ .

How to deal with this situation? Is the portupgrade built with wrong
dependencies or is it the ruby-package?
Can I just leave everything like it is?

This is on an old Pentium 90, (running RELENG_4_5), so I prefer packages
over compiling from sources/ports.

Ciao
Siegbert