Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Jeff <isando@dal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI Rage Mobility

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Jeff wrote:

> >Jeff, part of the problem is that by referencing some obscure Lilo
> >option you aren't giving us enough to work on.  I hack on
> >FreeBSD on a daily basis and only once have I ever messed with Lilo.
> >
> >A web search for "Lilo vga 792" didn't give me anything I could use.
> >
> >If you want help then giving us URLs to the Linux howto(s) would
> >be great.  This way we can figure out if FreeBSD offers the equivelant
> >functionality via some other means.
>
> Alfred:
>
> I found a few sites that may be of some use for research.
> http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/topics/linux/man-pages/man8/lilo.8.html#toc1 is
> an online copy of the lilo man page, and
> http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/topics/linux/man-pages/man5/lilo.conf.5.html
> speaks specifically about options which can be used in configuring lilo. I
> also found a lilo mini howto at
> http://hinux.hin.no/linux/LDP/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html
>
> I hope this helps, and I certainly appreciate any help you can offer.

ah from first inspection it looks like lilo is using vesa to
prime the card, if you have "options VESA" compiled into your
kernel (i think you may also need 'options "VM86"')

you may have some luch fiddling with 'vidcontrol' to prime the
card the same way linux does.

I'll see if i can find anything else, please keep us posted.

thanks,
-Alfred