Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:01:41 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <peter@skyrunner.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   manual nfs configuration not working

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure a system to temporarily allow nfs connections (i
don't want it coming up automatically via configs in rc.conf).

So i configured /etc/exports  then manually started
portmap
nfsd
mountd

in that order, but when I try to connect from a client, I get:
nfsd: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered

I see nfsd listed in the process list, i'm running at kernsecure level 2.

What have I gotten wrong?

TIA

Peter Brezny
Skyrunner.net