Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:36:07 +0000
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cardbus status

What devices need to be activated in the kernel to support cardbus?

I've tried to use what was in NEWCARD, but those don't seem to work:
device PCCARD
device CARDBUS
device PCIC
#device PCCBB

On one of my reboots, my "3CCFE575CT" (what CardBus detects it as), was
identified as an xl0, which it should be, but then I had some warnings
about unable to attach to pccbb bus, so I rebuilt the kernel as above.

Now it says:
pccbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000820
pccbb0: pccbb_power: CARD_VCC_3V and CARD_VPP_UC[1]
cardbus0: reading CIS data from configuration space
Manufacturer ID: 01015752
TUPLE: CONFIG_CB [6]: 03 01 00 00 00 00
TUPLE: CFTABLE_ENTRY_CB [13]: 41 9a 01 b5 1e 01 b5 ie 02 30 ff ff 01
cardbus0: Opening BAR: type=MEM, bar=10, len=0040
Product version: 5.0
Product name: 3Com Corporation | 3CCFE575CT | LAN Cardbus Card | 004 |
Functions: Network Adaptor, Memory
cardbus0: <unknown card> (vendor 0x10b7, dev=0x5257) at 0.0 irq 0
pccbb0: card activation failed

I'm thinking I have the kernel configged wrong.

Patrick