Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2019 00:07:39 -0500
From:      Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring as Router

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:13:58AM +0530, Vishwas Sabbani wrote:
> I am using FreeBSD 12.0 release. I want to configure it as a router. I've
> been trying it and searched in various sites but nothing works for me. It
> will be really helpful if you explain me the overall process. Waiting for
> your reply.

This handbook article should cover it.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-routing.html

You may want to use NAT in conjunction with routing (since it is
thought of in the same in many people's minds), which is covered here

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html

If you are looking for dynamic routing protocols, I'd suggest using
the port net/bird for OSPF, BGP, etc.