Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:57:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hugh LaMaster <lamaster@nren.nasa.gov>
To:        Multimedia FreeBSD <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: EMU10k chipset support

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Wes Morgan wrote:

> Is support for the EMU10k chipset (ala sblive, sb pci512) being worked on
> at the moment?

For some reason, the Creative website, and, the packages, are
not clear on what chipsets these products use.  Fry's no longer
seems to carry the PCI128, but they do sell the PCI512.  Is the
"EMU10K1" chipset all-inclusive, or, is does it work in
conjunction with a chipset in the ES137x family?  I also have
an "Ensoniq AudioPCI" but it isn't clear from the package
whether this is the original or the newer version.  Do they
use the same chipset?

I'm not hung up on Creative/Ensoniq boards, but, I would like
to know what it would take to get a moderate-quality PCI-based
board to do full-duplex with "vat"...

--
 Hugh LaMaster, M/S 233-21,    Email: lamaster@nren.nasa.gov
 NASA Ames Research Center     Or:    lamaster@nas.nasa.gov