Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 00:06:50 +1000
From:      "Greg W" <greg@ausit.com>
To:        courtney@whtz.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache Question

as root             /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start     should start apache
   replace start with stop to stop, as far as getting it to fire up
automatically on boot, I am not sure as am new to FreeBSD, I imagine it
would be started out of rc.local

I will let someone else elaborate on the process, if you install from a
port, it should have laready placed the file in rc.d dir

there can be name issues with starting apache as well, the box name need to