Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:30:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   monitoring CPU/mem etc without SNMP

Hey all, after a bit of thinking and some looking thru
email archives I'm still stumped on a way to get CPU,
memory, disk I/O, disk use etc.... info from one
machine to another without using SNMP.  All these
boxes are FreeBSD 4.7 Release.

I'm sure I could rig a script to ssh into the boxes
and do a df -h etc. and write the info to a file but
my gut tells me there is a MUCH better solution that
someone with far better programming skills has already
come up with and stuck in the ports collection.

So is anyone doing this?  The key I'm looking for is
security, which negates SNMP.  Something small and
secure with almost no extra features would be nice.

TIA

=====