Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:28:31 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Graham=20Guttocks?= <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   preserving id3 tag with mp3-->wav-->mp3 conversions

Greetings,

I have about 12GB of MP3 files that I now wish I had encoded at a lower
bitrate so that they took up less diskspace.  I plan to solve this by
decoding the MP3s into WAVE format, and then re-encoding them back into
MP3, this time at a lower bitrate.  The problem is that I'll lose the
id3 tags in the process.

Can anyone recommend a command line tool that would allow me to easily
extract the id3 tags from the original MP3, and then write them to the
new MP3 after it is encoded?

Regards,
Graham