Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 07:03:10 +1000
From:      jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
To:        "D. W. Piper" <dwplists@loop.com>, <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Interface alias accounting?

At 1:50 PM -0700 17/5/00, D. W. Piper wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I'm trying to find out how to get IP accounting information for web
>hosting where multiple IPs are aliased to the same interface.  I seem to
>recall seeing something about it a few weeks ago, but I've searched the
>archives, and can't seem to find the information I'm looking for.  If I
>recall correctly, it involved compiling in some kernel option or other.
>Can anybody help out?

Use something like NeTraMet, which is the main implementation of RTFM
(real time flow metering). It can run on a unix based gateway, or can
run on a LAN and listen in.

-jesse

       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au

     Email: jesse (at) va.com.au            > Internet Hosting
     Phone: +61 8 8223 2288                 > Streaming Media Services
         ?: http://jesse.va.com.au          > Telehousing / Colocation
       ICQ: 4766684                         > Internet Application Design