Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:48:59 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OS to replace FreeBSD

On 21 Mar 2021, at 09:34, Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:
> The BIOS gives me the option of disabling the front, rear or both sets =
of USB ports. The ones in front are all USB3 but there are two USB2 =
ports and four USB3 + one USB3-c port on the rear. And at least USB2 has =
to be active for mouse and keyboard.

I am almost 100% positive this machine does not have BIOS at all; modern =
Intel machines do not, and from the number I would assume your model is =
newer than mine, though one can never be sure.

That said, the inability to disable the USB-3 controller is most =
certainly a DELL issue, and if they lump the USB-2 and USB-3 into one =
setting based on LOCATION that is supremely stupid. It would not =
surprise me, but it is still stupid.

I have an older Dell XPS (not for FreeBSD, it is a Wintendo) and I can =
check its UEFI if it seems useful, but I am pretty sure I could disable =
the USB-3 specifically without rendering ti unable to use a keyboard and =
mouse.

--=20
Suddenly the animals look shiny and new