Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:17:36 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "robert" <robert@mhi-tx.com>
Subject:   RE: rc.conf???

/etc/defaults/rc.conf has all the options (defaults).

What you are supposed to do, is that for anything you want to be =
different from /etc/defaults/rc.conf, you are supposed to then place in =
/etc/rc.conf.

I personally find it a pain in the butt, but I understand why it's being =
done.  There reasoning is that if there is a change in the format or the =
defaults that are in rc.conf, that change/upgrade/etc will not fubar =
your /etc/rc.conf, it'll just alter the defaults one.

Hope this helps.
-Chris

(I was confused at 1st also)