Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:13:46 -0500
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: In the spirit of Godwin's law - I propose Beastie's law

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>> Beastie's Law:
>>>
>>>   Any demand of a modification of FreeBSD or it's website
>>> using political incorrectness as the justification is automatically
>>> wrong.
>> Political Incorrectness is very subjective though.
>
> It doesen't matter.  What constitutes a Nazi comparison is also
> very subjective.  However, Godwin's law works anyway.

Man, this leaves me confused as to how to respond.  The notion of
changing anything for the mere mention of political correctness is
abhorrent, but OTOH, I do hate anything smelling of Naziism.  And,
finally, although I don't want to see changes in our web page done for
PC, I really, really dislike the way our web pages are set up now, it's
just so much harder to get thengs, so much more unpleasant, but I don't
think I know enough about human-design to be able to give you a
reasonable explanation of why I dislike our web page setup.

I just do.  Might that be a data point for you?  I betcha a lot of
others feel just exactly as I do.