Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:45:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video CD

Dmitry Sivachenko wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I have Video CD disk and I want to see film on it.  But programs such as
 > mpeg_play require _file_ as input.  When I am trying to mount this CD,
 > I get:   cd9660: Input/output error
 > What media type this CD is?  How can I mount it or what program should I
 > use in order to reproduce the film?

Use tosha (/usr/ports/audio/tosha) to read the VCD tracks.
You can pipe them into MpegTV, for example (www.mpegtv.com).
That's how I watch VideoCDs with FreeBSD when I'm not at
home where my real VideoCD player is.  :)

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  You'll need a SCSI CD-ROM drive.

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)