Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:50:34 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Kirill Kirichenko <benefactor@star.spb.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some compile bugs

On Monday 30 July 2001 15:36, Kirill Kirichenko wrote:

> Few days ago I got RELENG_4 of src/sys and src/include directories via
> anonymous cvs.
>
> After reconfiguring kernel's config file on my own taste (see attach) I
> did these actions (kernel's config name is DUNGEON)
>
> # pwd
> /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> # config -r DUNGEON

That's probably the source of the difficulty.

Please read the handbook section on compiling the kernel.  Since you got
upgraded kernel source code you can't use the "config" aprooach.  See also
/usr/src/UPDATING.  (Actually, that's what the handbook would tell you.)
Search for the "COMMON ITEMS" heading . . .