Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:10:53 +0600
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@samodelkin.net>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, vd@freebsd.org, fjoe@freebsd.org, Pav Lucistnik <pav@freebsd.org>, kwm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: glib-2.22.3 and wxgtk2-2.8.10_2 both declare GSocket [Re: [Fwd: XaraLX-devel-0.7r1768_3 failed on amd64 6]]

Hello!

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:50 AM, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote:

[...]

the problem above is genuine and is because both devel/glib20 (via
>> /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h) and
>> x11-toolkits/wxgtk28-common (via
>> /usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/unix/gsockunx.h) declare the symbol
>> GSocket.
>>
>> From /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:
>>
>> 113 /**
>> 114  * GSocket:
>> 115  *
>> 116  * A lowlevel network socket object.
>> 117  *
>> 118  * Since: 2.22
>> 119  **/
>> 120 typedef struct _GSocket                       GSocket;
>>
>> devel/glib20 has been upgraded from 2.20 to 2.22 on Nov 28.
>>
>> Is this problem occuring with other than graphics/xaralx* ports?
>>
>> If yes, then I think it should be fixed somehow in devel/glib20 and
>> x11-toolkits/wxgtk28-common.
>>
> -------- P?eposlan? zpr?va --------
>
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10883
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/61009
>
> If there is more conflict in our wxgtk* ports, you can search in its trac.
> The trac has pretty good search engine.

Those patches have already been committed to ports tree for all wxgtk ports.
But they do not actually fix headers, they fix wxgtk build itself.

As far as I can see there is no real fix for headers in wxgtk svn, so I do
not see other choice than fixing apps one by one.

Max