Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 16:49:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        hlew@genome.Stanford.EDU (Howard Lew)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE problems...

actually you should still be able to install FreeBSD with the
drives disabled from the BIOS, as we don't USE the Bios..

note the geometry assigned to the disks when you DO have them for the BIOS
so you can inform the install code of this geometry when you are doing
the SLICING menu (option 'G' I believe)...
you should be able to install as per usual..
booting is another question....
but it's worth a try..

make sure that you install the win95 first..
it overwrites other system's bootmanagers (gee thanks usoft..)

if it doesn't work, it'd be worth booting and using the 'fixit' option to
get a shell and examining the output of fdisk and disklabel