Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:12:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
To:        burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: KDE2 installation

I hope this isn't too dim a response, but KDE *is* a
desktop environment, so "adding it" to another
windomanager's menu doesn't really make sense (to me).
 You can run KDE apps (like Konqueror, Koffice,
Korganizer, etc) under other windowmanagers. Is that
closer to what you're trying to do? If so, then you
just run each app individually...but you still have to
have kdebase and kdelibs installed, at a minimum.

Hope that helps. And if you're interested in running
KDE as your desktop, then just put `startkde` to your
.xinitrc file before starting X.

--Tim