Date:      Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:37:15 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Alexander <amour@amour.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running both pppoe and pptp

Alexander wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having problems running both pppoe and pptp.
> I'm using pppoe to connect to the internet.
>
> Using pppoe makes tun0 device with dynamic IP given from the ISP.
> Also I'm using pptp to connect to a VPN. pptp creates tun1 interface with
> the proper local addresses (i.e. 192.168.1.2 -> 192.168.1.1).
>
> When I start pptp after the pppoe connection is initialized
> it is going well for a minute and then it disconnects resetting both
> interfaces (tun0 and tun1) and I lose my internet connection and have to
> start ppp again.

That's odd.  I don't see any reason why pptp disconnecting should reset the
tun0 interface.

> I can't find good documentation about the pptp. The only thing I can find
> is readme telling me what should I edit from the config file and a very short
> example config file (about 10 lines).

Are you using mpd?  What is the server?
Can you send the list a copy of the mpd.conf from both machines (client & server)
or whatever config file is relevent.

> If You know what is or might be the problem, pls help.

Make sure multilink is disabled at both ends of the pptp link

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies