Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:56:46 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Wesley Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Thomas Quinot <thomas@freebsd.org>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslog.conf syntax change (multiple program/host specifications)

On (2003/02/11 14:30), Wesley Peters wrote:

> Excellent.  I have another simple change to syslog I want to cast before the
> audience for consideration.

It's about that time of year again when someone points out that
syslogd(8) is just begging for an alternative configuration file,
syslog.xml. :-)

And then it'll be time for someone to point out that such notions are
nothing more than fancy because we don't have XML support in the base
syst...

Oh dear.

Ciao,
Sheldon.