Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 12:23:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        jgrosch@MooseRiver.com, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [svlug] *sigh* (fwd)

In article <local.mail.freebsd-advocacy/19990507081243.D9835@ontario.mooseriver.com> you write:
>On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 05:34:25AM -0700, Jan B. Koum  wrote:

>> > Erm, why didn't you point him at:
>> >
>> >     http://www.freebsd.org.ru/linux-oracle.HOW-TO.html
>> >
>> > Or any of the other howtos on running Linux oracle on FreeBSD?
>> >
>> > - Jordan
>>
>> 	The reason we had to go with RedHat was because that is what
>> Oracle will oficially support. Not Debian. Not SuSE. Not FreeBSD (the
>> other Linux distribution).
>
>Dummy question number 4 at an Install-A-Thon, "Is this a Linux distribution"

Marketing answer:
	 "Yes, it most certainly is!  In fact, it will run your
	 Linux applications faster than RedHat!  As an additional
	 bonus, we also have an extensive collection of software called
	 ``ports'', which is specially designed for this distribution!"

--
Jonathan	(now, where did I put that smiley....)