Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:20:57 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "P.D. Seniura" <pdseniura@techie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -Current build problems with audio/arts: "lt-mcopidl in free(): error: chunk is already free" and core dumped

--Boundary-02=_Kj/FB+OQ9j2IOyq

On Monday 09 August 2004 23:12, P.D. Seniura wrote:

> And so that brings me to a question about these
> packages being built on the build-farms -- the logs
> at rabarber shows being linked against /usr/local/lib
> on _that_ machine -- is /usr/local/lib on _that_
> machine a fresh build of a 5-current world?

Each package is built in a chroot jail, which is populated with a bindist (=
the=20
'distribution' tarballs you get on a FreeBSD installation cd and which are=
=20
extracted by sysinstall) and (earlier built) dependency packages. After the=
=20
package is built, the chroot jail is deleted and a new one is created for t=
he=20
next packagebuild.

The bindist we are using is a -CURRENT snapshot made by=20
http://snapshots.se.freebsd.org, from August, 1st.

Just to make sure I absolutely get this right: The mcopidl binary from _our=
=20
package_ does coredump on your machine? That's plain weird. :-\

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org

--Boundary-02=_Kj/FB+OQ9j2IOyq

--Boundary-02=_Kj/FB+OQ9j2IOyq--