Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:46:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with dhclient on interfaces before they are ifconfig'd.

Noted a few weeks ago that I had the following problem on -current:

On inserting a wavelane card (if_wi), I could not get dhclient to
recognize the interface until I had manually ifconfig'd it with an
address.  After that, dhclient would find it fine after that.

I tracked this down at some stage, but don't remember what exactly caused
it.  Poul-Henning Kamp has reported a similar problem.

Was wondering if anyone else had noticed this and/or had a fix.