Date:      Mon, 14 May 2018 15:32:34 +0000 (UTC)
From:      ken olson <kenitholson@yahoo.com>
To:        "johalun0@gmail.com" <johalun0@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Thanks, iOS v4-v5 Full Rom Files?

Hi=C2=A0Johannes,
Thanks for your comments!
Since posting have been searching for postings of Open OSes on=C2=A032 bit =
Apple Mobile Devices.
While have found things like "Dual-Boot Android on Your iPhone"=C2=A0=C2=A0=
https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/exclusive-dual-boot-android-your-iphone-=
ios-7-0161123/=C2=A0 closer exam reveals "Thanks for having some fun with u=
s this April Fool's Day! We hope you all enjoyed this as much as we had com=
ing up with it. If and when something like this becomes a reality, we'll ha=
ve your step-by-step guide ready at AppleHacks.com."
"What you could do is maybe try find a rom image from the iOS v4-v5 times w=
hen they distributed the OS as a full rom file. Running an older version of=
 iOS would surely make your device run smoothly (although not as fun as put=
ting FreeBSD on it :)"
Fortunately my 4S still has iOS v6.1.2 so am OK
Question:=C2=A0 While I am a beginner concerning iOS have more experience w=
ith Windows OS and have used Windows image files to make bootable Windows U=
SB Drives.
Any suggestions where to look for=C2=A0iOS v4-v5 full rom files?
Did a quick search using=C2=A0"iOS v4-v5 full rom files" but got nothing.=
=C2=A0 No "..." got "about 8,840,000 results (0.58 seconds)" but nothing re=
levant.
Thanks again for your help!
Ken=C2=A0