Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:43:45 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   4-stable breaks suspend {disk,memory} on VAIO F270

Hi guys,

I upgraded my VAIO F270 the other day -- before the upgrade I was running
4-stable from May 8th.  I upgraded to the latest 4-stable on June 17th.

Prior to the upgrade, suspend to disk and/or memory on the VAIO worked
flawlessly.  I could suspend/resume as much as I wanted, and it just worked.

Since the most recent upgrade, I can only suspend and resume once.  If I
suspend (and it doesn't matter whether it's to disk or to memory) and
resume once it works OK.  The machine comes back cleanly.

If I try and suspend again (and again, it doesn't matter whether I do this
to disk or memory, or whether the first successful suspend was to disk or
to memory) the laptop locks up, hard.

I've tried this with DDB in the kernel, but I the hang is sufficiently solid
that I can't drop in to DDB post-hang to do anything.

I *don't* (normally) have apm configured in the kernel.  I've tried
putting apm in the kernel, but it still hangs.

I've had a hunt through the diffs over the past 6 weeks or so, but nothing
stands out as being a likely culprit.  I'm going to revert back to -stable
from May 8th just to confirm things, but while I do that, does anyone have
any ideas what might have happened?