Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:18:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brent Berg <bberg@C310522-B.peoria1.il.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Color terminal access remotely

Hi,

	I have FreeBSD 4.2 installed and have a question about color
terminals. When I use the console on the machine and edit files with
'vim' I have color syntax highlighting. When I ssh in from a PC, and
my terminal emulation is set to vt220 or ANSI, my syntax highlighting is
limited to bold and underlined characters. I once had RH6.1 linux
installed and did not have this problem. I believe it has something to do
with the termcap file, but I find it very confusing.

	Can someone tell me how to get color terminals remotely? Or, can
you point me to some good documentation?

Thanks a lot,
Brent
beberg@home.com