Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 13:50:58 -0500
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Recording via SB16?

I've hooked the audio output of my SCSI CD drive to the CD audio input on
my SB16 card.  When I "play" a CD the sound comes out of the speakers
attached to the SB16 card.

Dmesg output includes:

sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.12>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvi0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.12>
sbmidi0 at 0x300 on isa
 <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
PCM device 1 not installed.

I'm running 2.2.5-STABLE.

I'm trying to record a low-res snippent of sound from the CD with no
success.

While I've gotten the 44kHz .cd[ar] files to disk and can play them back,
I've been unable to convert these files to anything else that is playable.
(I've tried sox and tosha and probably something else.)  I figured the next
thing to try was to record from the SB16 card, but I just don't get
anything.

Can somebody please point me at a working solution to this problem?