Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 96 16:39:25 IST
From:      vdongre@rolta.com (Vrushal Dongre)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with ELM

Hello All !
I need some help &...quickly please !
I have a FBSD 2.0 mailserver & I have installed ELM on the system.
The compilation went OK .
But now when I type elm at the prompt I get the following messages :-

  Waiting  to read mailbox while mail is being received: attempt #n

After 7 attempts it says:-
  Giving up after 7 iteration.
  Please try to read your mail again in a few minutes.
  Timed out on locking mailbox. Leaving program.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to make ELM work ? If I make any changes
to the configuration file will I have to recompile the whole thing again ?
i.e. run --> 'make all ' ?

Help is greatly appreciated.
:-(   Vrushal

Vrushal Dongre			                Email: vdongre@rolta.com
   " Nothing, is the worst thing that can happen to anybody "
				-Richard Bach