Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 1997 18:38:42 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI Bridge Question

>>    Then what version was it failing under?
>
>RELENG_2_2 as of Saturday.  Are you maintaining this driver?  Is there a
>maintainer?  Should I dig into it?

   I wrote it; I maintain it.

>> an mbuf cluster had been freed onto the mclfree list. In any case, this
>> appears to be a much more generic problem - not specific to the fxp
>> device
>> driver.
>
>Most likely.  The fxp is where I see it on this system.

   I can't reproduce the problem here, but I haven't tried very hard. Is NFS
static in your kernel, or is it getting loaded as an LKM?

>BTW, what are your thoughts on my project using 3.0 kernel with 2.2 release?
>We really like the SMP kernel, even where it stands today (already better
>than
>NiceTry :-)

   Use -current kernel with -current userland sources; start with 2.2.2 and
upgrade to -current ("3.0") with a "make world" if necessary.

-DG

David Greenman