Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 12:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> I need to do something about getting my mail via pop, and I noticed that
> there's two pop ports in ports/mail, popclient and popper.  Could I get a
> recommendation on this, I don't want to have to become a mail expert to
> get my mail from the university to my home machine.

I use popclient here with no problems. The command line looks something
like this:

	popclient <your.mail.server>

It will prompt you for your password, query the mail server and drop all
your mail in your system mail folder. You can also run it from cron but
you must use -p <password> which will show up in a ps listing. You might
not want to do this for security reasons. I do it on my home machine so I
don't have to worry about someone seeing my password. Hope this helps.

> Thanks.
>
> ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
> Chuck Robey                 | Interests include any kind of voice or data
> chuckr@eng.umd.edu          | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
> 9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |
> Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and n3lxx, both FreeBSD
> (301) 220-2114              | version 2.2 current -- and great FUN!

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House.    <unknown>