Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 21:34:49 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Chris Vertonghen <chrisv@brilliant.net>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vi tutorial

At 12:21 18-08-96 -0700, Annelise Anderson wrote:

>The arrow keys have always worked for me with FreeBSD (2.0.5 and
>later).  I think I'm using them in the circumstances where they
>supposedly mess everything up.  On the other hand if I telnet to a
>computer at Stanford running Sun OS 4.1.4, and the arrow keys produce
>capital letters. I believe this to be a key-binding problem but I'm not
>sure.

Just an idea: wouldn't it be much less confusing to talk about the <hjkl>
keys as navigation keys (vi and all clones are based on these keys as
navigation keys, just *because* not all terminals support the arrow keys).
You could simply mention the usage of the arrow-keys in the manual when
talking about the possible termemuls that support them...

Cya,
Chris.

#include <disclaimer.h>
--