Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:46:46 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        dan@slightlystrange.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port Forwarding FreeBSD 4.7_Release

Daniel Bye wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 01:07:42PM +0000, Matthew Ryan wrote:
>
>>Thanks Dan
>>
>>Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either.
>
> Rats!
>
>>I get this when I enter on the command line:
>>
>>natd -n ep0 -redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.241:xxxx xxxx
>>
>>natd: Unable to create divert socket.: Operation not permitted
>
> Silly question, I'm almost blushing to ask - you are running the command as
> root, yes?

Also ... are you sure that:
a) You have your kernel configured with IPDIVERT?  The GENERIC kernel
    does _not_.
b) natd isn't already running with different options when you try to
    start it on the command line?

>>and no results using the following in /etc/rc.conf:
>>
>>natd_flags="-n ep0 -redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.241:xxxx xxxx"
>>
>>By the way, the interface is specified already in /etc/rc.conf as
>>follows?:
>>
>>natd_interface="ep0"

This is redundant.  You can remove the "-n ep0" from natd_flags.

>>any other ideas?

I don't know _whats_ wrong.
But I've got this running in two places with no problems.  It
works just fine, and as far as I can see, the syntax you're using is
correct, so I wouldn't focus on that.  Let us know what you find when
you check the suggestions I made ... I have other suggestions if
those don't help.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies