Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dougal Campbell <dougal@advicom.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/6197: 3com905 Seriously broken

The following reply was made to PR kern/6197; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dougal Campbell <dougal@advicom.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:  Subject: Re: kern/6197: 3com905 Seriously broken
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:14:34 -0500 (CDT)

 I recently ran into the 3c905B problem myself, and found this problem
 report. This morning someone referred me to the following web site when
 I inquired on a local Linux mailing list about whether recent Linux
 kernels supported this card yet.

 Are there any updates as to when FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE will incorporate
 support for this card? If no progress has made yet, perhaps the author
 of the Linux driver would give permission for the FreeBSD driver
 maintainer to borrow the code.

 In the meantime, I'm considering downgrading my interface to a spare
 3c595 that we have laying around here....

   Linux and 3Com EtherLink Vortex/Boomerang Cyclone Ethercards
   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

 Dougal Campbell, Systems Manager, ADViCOM        dougal@advicom.net
 http://www.advicom.net/                 http://advicom.net/~dougal/
            See my homepage for anti-spam information!
 QUOTE OF THE MOMENT:
 "Today, of course, it is considered very poor taste to use the F-word
 except in major motion pictures."