Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:32:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh1 + openssh 1.2.2 + tcsh 6.09.00

Matt Heckaman once stated:

=I completely agree, it  most likely is a bug in a  tcsh, and I've tried
=recompiling all things  involved. The question is,  what does OpenSSH's
=sshd do differently while recieving a  scp from sshv1, that sshd 1.2.27
=does not do. I think if we can find tht, we can find what's causing the
=tcsh problem..

Watch for environment  variables :) Make a dummy  user with /usr/bin/env
as a shell. Then see what it outputs when spawn by either daemon.

	-mi