Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 12:09:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.tera.com>
To:        billy@idiom.com (Billy Thompson)
Cc:        fpawlak@execpc.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD A Solution For Business

According to Billy Thompson:

> I think what is absolutely necessary to this would be a graph comparison
> between Win NT and FreeBSD.  Start with a lite load then keep pushing it
> up until both systems are crawling.  This would demostrate not only how
> reliable FreeBSD is on the SAME hardware, but also how much better it is
> (since I'm sure there will be obviously better performance from FreeBSD).
>
> Then plaster this on as many websites as you can and include it in the
> business solutions document.  You know how much pointy haired bosses love
> graphs and charts, and this should show them in simple terms that FreeBSD
> has better preformance and is more reliable.

	Another issue that may be important to the more intelligent
	managers is that NT has little network security; FreeBSD
	can have security...  And if this (firewall) can be
	pre-configured, that wins.

	NT______       0.5% security

	FreeBSD______ 98.5% security

	If your e-business depended upon having a secure system,
	BSD provides solutions.

	gary