Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 23:46:21 -0500
From:      "Nick Lozinsky" <nl3481@wi.rr.com>
To:        "jehova" <tornadox@telnor.net>, "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache working through phone modem?

Hey there,

First of all, you are NOT stupid, I see too many people say that for
some reason. But anyway, yes, you can do it. Although it will be
much slower, as you could imagine, but you can accomplosh that
task.

First install Apache; since you are on a 56K modem, you will be
given a dynamic IP from their DHCP server, and meanwhile you
are online, you can use that IP to identify your web server, Apache,
or get a free trial of dynamic IP to sub-domain name hosts. One of
them is TZO and others are deerfield.com, try those; those are
what you need and are free. But remember, your 56K like is a lot
more prone to being disconnected from the Internet; you know, the
ISP's connection drop, etc., etc...

But that is a start.

Enjoy!