Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:03:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: found device.

In article <Pine.BSF.4.20.9911250218550.489-100000@henny.jrc.it> you wrote:

> How do I make sure the bus is rescanned when a new target has appeared?
>
> Whenever a new device is attached, I would like the SCSI bus to which it
> is connected to be rescanned. The following code however doesn't do the
> job it seems (FYI: All USB Zip drives are connected to 1 SCSI bus, bus
> 0).
>
> Nick
>

> static int
> umass_cam_rescan(umass_softc_t *sc)
> {
>         union ccb *ccb;
>         struct cam_path *path;
>         struct cam_periph *periph;
>
>         if (xpt_create_path(&path, NULL, CAM_XPT_PATH_ID,
>                             CAM_TARGET_WILDCARD, CAM_LUN_WILDCARD)
>             != CAM_REQ_CMP)
>                 return(ENOMEM);
>
>         periph = cam_periph_find(path, NULL/*name*/);
>         if (!periph)
>                 return(EINVAL);

The only time you will ever find a peripheral on the wildcard node
is if you are using the target mode black hole device.  You probably
want to use 0 and 0 for the target and lun respectively.  (cam_periph_find
looks for exact matches, and will not exand wildcards).

>         if (xpt_create_path(&sc->path, periph, cam_sim_path(umass_sim),
>                     device_get_unit(sc->sc_dev), CAM_LUN_WILDCARD)
>             != CAM_REQ_CMP)
>                 return(ENOMEM);
>
>         ccb = malloc(sizeof(union ccb), M_DEVBUF, M_WAITOK);
>         xpt_setup_ccb(&ccb->ccb_h, sc->path, 5/*priority (low)*/);
>         ccb->ccb_h.func_code = XPT_SCAN_LUN;
>         ccb->ccb_h.cbfcnp = umass_cam_attach_callback;
>         ccb->crcn.flags = CAM_FLAG_NONE;
>         xpt_action(ccb);
>
>         return(0);
> }

If you simply want to rescan the bus, try XPT_SCAN_BUS.

--
Justin