Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2000 00:21:22 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Tobias Fredriksson <c4@worldclass.jolt.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: vr0 timeouts (applies to ALL? miibus cards)

> in 4.0 there is a problem with the miibus driver and i think this applies
> to all cards that use this driver(that is all 100mbit non intel/3com as it
> appears to me)
> vr(D-Link among others) rl(RealTek) etc...
> in 3.4-RELEASE + 3.5.1-RELEASE i havn't had a single problem with the vr
> driver, not a timeout nothing speeds are usually 50-60mbit/s when
> uploading to the computer and 80-90mbit/s when downloading from it.
>
> does anybody know if there is an fix/patch/workaround etc for
> 4.0/4.1-STABLE?

FWIW, I just installed two Davicom cards in a -current and a -stable
box.  The -stable box complains about timeouts all over the shop.
The -current box is fine.

I've tried bringing the -stable boxes mii code up to -current, but it
doesn't help.  I need to make some time to look into this more...

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>