Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 11:19:57 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Tatiana =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pe=F1a?= <Tayotas@netscape.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?I=B4m?= not sure..

"Tatiana Peña" wrote:

> Excuse me but I´m not really sure if I can use all my Linux applications on
> freeBSD, whitout matter the distribution, i.e. can I use in freeBSD the
> programs that I use with suse, mandrake, debian, etc?
> also can I use all the window managers, like wmaker, kde, gnome...?
>
> Thanks a lot and excuse my english if I made a mistake.

As for the window managers, all of the ones you listed have native
versions made for FreeBSD as well, they are pre-compiled and ready to
install fresh from the FreeBSD ports collection if you so choose, (you
can always compile them instead if you wanted to). As for the other
linux applications, (those which you did not list), assuming they
require no special devices or distribution-specific stuff, they should
run fine under FreeBSD. If you've got the source, then you can probably
just re-compile them. Please note though, that the ports collection
contains a LOT of stuff, and chances are what you're looking for already
exists and is ready for you to install into a FreeBSD box.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com