Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:35:41 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        Mick Walker <mwalker@codegurus.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Set up of Wireless on laptop

--Apple-Mail-2-884606088

On Jan 16, 2005, at 6:36 AM, Mick Walker wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have bought myself a wireless network card (Linksys WPC11 VER 3), it
> is detected by the kernel and it shows up in ifconfig as wi0.
> However I cant seem to get it to work, I have followed the instructions
> in the hand book, it works fine if I disable wep on the wireless access
> point, however with it enabled it doesn't work at all.
> Could someone give me a brief outline of how to get wep working?
> If you need any other data, I would be happy to help.
>
> Thanks
> Mick

For example, try something similar to this:

ifconfig wi0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 ssid my_net wepmode
on wepkey 0x8736639624

For more information, see man 4 wi

HTH
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson

--Apple-Mail-2-884606088
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-2-884606088--