Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:53:48 -0700
From:      Sheldon Jones <freebsd@hobbydump.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   chroot and ftpd

Does anyone know of a way to have the chroot function in ftpd lock a user into
a sub-directory under their user directory. I would like a way to keep the
users in a sub-directory under their root dir.

Ncftpd has this feature but I really like the ftpd that comes with freebsd.
In ncftpd you use (u-restrict-mode=subdir-of-homedir userfiles) this will
restrict the user to the sub-derectory userfiles under their account.

Thank you for your time,
Sheldon Jones
iHighway.net