Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:01:00 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Alain BATARD <a.batard@forteam.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video driver

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 09:39:17AM +0100, Alain BATARD wrote:
> I am M. Alain BATARD and i work in a formation center.
> For my Unix course i use Freebsd (V 7), we recently change our computers =
for
> laptops (Compaq 6820s) these computers are equipped with integrated video=
 :
> ATI Mobility Radeon X1350, after looking for drivers to launch Xorg, i can
> only use the very poor video in VGA mode, is there any possibilities to f=
ind
> the good driver even by using xorgconfig or manually ?

This chip is not yet fully supported by Xorg (although support is coming
along).=20

You can use either the xf86-video-radeonhd or the xf86-video-ati drivers
=66rom the ports collection.

It should work fine for 2D (radeonhd should have some 2D hardware
accelleration), but not hardware accellerated 3D yet AFAIK. Among other
things, the kernel component needed for that needs updating. It is being
worked on in 8-CURRENT.

Roland
--=20

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj