Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 13:05:17 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org, Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>, Jim Mock <jim@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: (was) I'm leaving, now something like "anti official docs rant" :)

There is now a 4.3 version of my "Install Preview" now posted at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/43/index.html

There is a series of these dating back to the 2.x release and have been
linked from the http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ page for quite some time.

I've also created a version for the 4.3 that uses png captures of the html
tables for purposes of conversion to sgml. These are available at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/newprev/

and in tarball from:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpratt/newprev/4.3install.tar

I've very grateful to Murray for getting the ball rolling for conversion to
sgml. It'll make it easier for others to contribute improvements and help
keep things up to date. Learning the doc project ropes is the next task on my
list.

I gather from some of the threads I've read on the lists that people don't
know these exist. Once the documents are reviewed and committed, perhaps we
should consider some additional links to them.

Randy