Date:      Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:09:23 +0100
From:      dgmm <freebsd01@dgmm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what was it ?

On Sunday 18 September 2005 12:34, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> I'm building an old msdos machine for a little kid (very nostalgic).
> But I seem to rememeber that there was an issue about the space of the
> harddrive. Some kind of limit I don't remember. How large can a ms-dos
> partition be?

How old?

32MB is one number which comes to mind from MS-DOS 3.2 days.

I've just repaired an old PC for a friend (Pentium 133MMX).  While testing, I
used an old 10GB HDD I had lying around.  The BIOS would only see it as 8GB
It didn't understand the existing 10GB bootable Win98 partition/OS on it.

--
Dave