Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:58:31 -0400
From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: qmail and setting up mailboxs

Sam Carleton wrote:

> I am reading though the INSTALL.mbox doc that comes with the qmail
> port.  This is what it says:
>
> ---------------INSTALL.mbox---------------
> The basic procedure for switching to ~user/Mailbox is simple:
>
>    * Move each /var/spool/mail/user to ~user/Mailbox.
> ---------------INSTALL.mbox---------------
>
> First off, I am assuming that ~user/Mailbox is refering to the file
> /var/qmail/user/Mailbox.  That being correct, ~user/Mailbox is a file,
> not a folder.  Next, it talks about moving /var/spool/mail/user to
> ~user/Mailbox.  /var/spool/mail/user does not exist on my FreeBSD-STABLE
> 4.0 machine.  I don't even have a /var/spool/mail.  I DO have a
> /var/mail/[username] directory, so I am assuming that the documentation
> is refering to /var/mail/[username], (one is /var/mail/mhoman).  How do
> I move the folder to the file /var/qmail/user/Mailbox?  What am I
> missing here?

Ok folks, I feel like a REAL fool.  There where some real basics that I
simply missed.  Among them was that ~user is the users directory:) (thanks
Alan) And then the fact that /var/mail/[username] was a file, not a folder
(opps there I go again, directory<g>  What can I say, I live in two very
different worlds and words have never been my strong point<g>).  Well, I
went back to look at things again and discovered exactly what Giorgos told
me to do moments after I had gotten things working:)

Thanks for both ouf your help and I apologize for the brain fart:)
--
Sam Carleton
Please stop by http://www.maineville.net and